Southport Fire Department  A Volunteer Department Since 1895
Saturday, November 18, 2017
History of the Southport Fire Department

The Southport Fire Department was organized following a devastating fire in Southport.   As printed in the New York Times on September 30, 1895:

SOUTHPORT, Conn., Sept. 29. - Henshaw's livery stable in Southport was destroyed by fire to-day. Four horses, a large quantity of hay and grain, and a number of carriages were burned. The wire works of the C. L. Jellif Company near by and several small buildings were also destroyed. Loss, $10,000. It is believed the fire was incendiary in origin.

History
Abbreviated History
World War II News
Past Chiefs
Past Presidents
But sound aloud the praises, and give the victor-crown To our noble-hearted Firemen, who fear not danger's frown.
Frederic G.W. Fenn
"Ode to our Firemen" 1878

Make a Donation

Become a Fan on Facebook! Home   |   About   |   Contact   |   Privacy Policy   |   Terms of Use Become a Fan on Facebook!
 2017 Southport Fire Department Corp.  |  All Rights Reserved.